Full name: Martje van der Heide
High school: Marnix College, Ede, the Netherlands, Graduated 1982
Bachelors: Radiological Technician, Radiology department, Free University, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Graduated 1986
Continuing Education: Corcoran College of Art, Washington DC, USA:
Abstract Painting, Portrait Drawing and Painting, Advanced Figurative Painting, Graphic Design, Lithography, Photography, Advanced Color Photography, Documentary Film Making, 1990-1994; 2008 Metalsmithing.
· 1982 – 1990: Radiological Technician , Free University Hospital, Amsterdam;
· 1990: Illustrator, X-ray Technicians’ Hand Book, Free University, Amsterdam;
· 1994 – 2002: Multiple Solo Art & Photography exhibits and commissions in the Washington DC area
· 1995 – 1999: Fashion Photographer for designer Janneke Huizinga ;
· 2002 – 2004: Consultant, the German Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
o Leading HIV/AIDS advocacy projects for Artists in the DRC;
o Managing Street Children project in Katanga province, DRC;
o Illustrating Medical Instructional Publications for Mother and Child Health for DRC Ministry of Health;
· 2008: Produced and Directed documentary for the Coalition for the Capital Crescent Trail in Washington DC ;
· 2008-2012: Produced, Directed and Edited video documentaries and various media advocacy pieces for the UN Special Envoy for Malaria on behalf of Roll Back Malaria program, UNICEF, Worldbank and Nigerian government.
· 2009-2012: Teaching drawing and painting classes in Abuja, Nigeria
· 2009: Solo Exhibit in the Italian Embassy.
· 2012-2014: Freelance photographer for the Population Foundation in India.
· 2013-2014: Teaching drawing and painting classes in New Delhi, India
· 2014- present: moved back to the Netherlands and is working on a new collection of paintings in her Studio in Amsterdam.